Sunday 6 May 1973
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Spiteri and Wendy Ward in San Antonio.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree by Dawn.
In UK See My Baby Jive by Wizzard was in the top 5 hits.
Paper Moon, directed by Peter Bogdanovich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Catch Kandy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Gotcha.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1973 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Joe Spiteri: Australian soccer striker (Olyroos, Olympics - 1996).
- Wendy Ward in San Antonio: Texas, USA; LPGA golfer (1995 GHP Classic-15th).
- Ernest MacMillan: Canadian orchestra conductor and composer (Born 1893).
- 1st WHA championship, New England Whalers beat Win Jets, 4 games to 1
- Judy Rankin wins LPGA American Defender-Raleigh Golf Classic.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 May 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- War - The Cisco Kid
- The Sweet - Little Willy
- Stevie Wonder - You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- Dobie Gray - Drift Away
- Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You
- Donny Osmond - The Twelfth Of Never
- Carpenters - Sing
- Edgar Winter - Frankenstein
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?