Monday 6 May 1974
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Barmasai and Daniela Bártová.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Loco-Motion by Grand Funk.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
Going Places, directed by Bertrand Blier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Little Doctor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1974 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Bernard Barmasai: Kenyan runner.
- Daniela Bártová: Czech pole vaulter and gymnast.
- Faruk Namdar: German-Turkish footballer.
- Patrick Tang: Hong Kong actor and singer.
- Bundy victim Roberta Parks disappears from OSU, Corvallis, Ore
- Stolen Guitar Player painting by Jan Vermeer found in London
- W German chancellor W Brandt resigns
- Roberta Parks disappears from Oregon State University, Corvallis Oregon (Ted Bundy victim).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 May 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Chicago - (I've Been) Searchin' So Long
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?