Friday 6 May 1983
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Beat It by Michael Jackson.
In UK True by Spandau Ballet was in the top 5 hits.
Blue Thunder, directed by John Badham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1983 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Shira Lazar: YouTube Star.
- Cloud : Dancer.
- Adrianne Palicki: American actress.
- Gabourey Sidibe: American actress.
- Daniel Alves: Soccer Player.
- Trinley Thaye Dorje: Tibetan religious figure, the 17th Karmapa Lama (supported by the Chinese government)
- Raquel Zimmermann: Brazilian model
- Dani Alves: Brazilian footballer
- Ingrid Jonach: Australian author
- Trinley Dorje: Tibetan religious leader the 17th Karmapa Lama
- Kai Winding: Danish-born jazz trombonist and composer (d. 1983).
- The Hitler diaries are revealed as a hoax after examination by experts.
- ''Stern'' magazine publishes the quotHitler Diariesquot (which are later found to be forgeries).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?