Saturday 6 May 1989
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Like A Prayer by Madonna.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
See No Evil, Hear No Evil, directed by Arthur Hiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1989 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Dominika Cibulkova: Slovakian tennis player.
- Bobby Bazini: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Dominika Cibulková: Slovakian tennis player.
- Amra Sadiković: Swiss tennis player.
- Nanna Hilmarsdottir: Folk Singer.
- Durrani Popal: Reality Star
- Earl Blaik: former American football coach (Born 1897).
- 115th Kentucky Derby: Pat Valenzuela on Sunday Silence wins in 2:05.
- Cedar Point opens Magnum XL-200, the first roller coaster to break the 200 ft height barrier, therefore spawning what is considered to be the ''coaster wars''.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?