Thursday 6 May 1999
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Livin' La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin.
In UK Swear It Again by Westlife was in the top 5 hits.
Notting Hill, directed by Roger Michell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1999.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1999 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 May
- First elections to the devolved Scottish Parliament and Welsh Assembly held.
- A jury finds ''The Jenny Jones Show'' and Warner Bros. liable in the shooting death of Scott Amedure, after the show deceived Jonathan Schmitz into appearing on a secret same-sex crush episode.
- Kosovo War: In the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, three Chinese embassy workers were killed and 20 others wounded when a NATO B-2 aircraft mistakenly bombed a Chinese Embassy in Belgrade.
- In Guinea-Bissau, President João Bernardo Vieira is ousted in a military coup.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1999 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?