Sunday 6 May 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne.
In UK Beautiful Liar by Beyonce & Shakira was in the top 5 hits.
28 Weeks Later, directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 2007 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 May
- Palestinian extremists bomb a United Nations-run Gaza elementary school in the continuing Palestinian factional violence, killing at least one and wounding at least seven. (FOX)
- Foreign Minister Abdullah Gül withdraws his candidacy from the 2007 Turkish presidential election after failing to win the support of secular lawmakers. (New York Times)
- A car bomb kills at least 20 people and injures 80 more in the Baiyaa neighbourhood of Baghdad. (AP via CNN)
- Tens of thousands of Pakistanis greet suspended Chief Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry in Lahore. (Reuters via CNN)
- More than 125,000 people are homeless and 16 killed following recent floods in Sri Lanka. (AFP via ABC Online)
- Eight Afghan police are killed in Farah Province in a clash with the Taliban in which at least 17 insurgents are killed or injured. (Reuters Alertnet)
- Voters in France go to the polls for the second round of the French presidential election with socialist Ségolène Royal and conservative Nicolas Sarkozy as the two contenders. Exit polls indicate that Nicolas Sarkozy has won the runoff poll in the election with 53% of the vote, beating Ségolène Royal who has 47% of the vote. She later concedes defeat. (BBC)
- A former World No. 1 ranked tennis player from Belgium, Kim Clijsters, announces her retirement effective immediately. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?