Wednesday 6 May 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, directed by Mark Waters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Great Queen Seondeok.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Border Break or Creeper World.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 2009 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 May
- Kevin Grubb: American NASCAR driver (Born 1978).
- The European Parliament delays its planned reform of the European Union's telecommunications policy. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- The United States Supervisory Capital Assessment Program finds that financial services companies JPMorgan Chase, and American Express do not need more capital from the Troubled Asset Relief Program. (MarketWatch)
- A car bomb kills at least ten people and injures 30 others in Dora, Baghdad, Iraq. (Sky News)
- The Taliban captures Mingora, Swat, Pakistan. (''The Times'')
- Czech President Václav Klaus postpones his signing of the Senate-approved Treaty of Lisbon. (RTÉ)
- Guinea withdraws ambassadors from 30 countries worldwide. (''Seattle Times'')
- Somali pirates hijack Germany's MV ''Victoria'' and release the United Arab Emirates' MV ''Al Meezan''. (Reuters via ''Washington Post'')
- The U.S. state of Maine legalizes same-sex marriage. (AP)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 May 2009
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?