Monday 6 November 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ernie Wright and Maurice Bourgue.
Allegheny Uprising, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 1939!
Which were the important events of 6 November 1939 ?
- Ernie Wright: American college/pro football player for the diego chargers and cincinnati bengals.
- Maurice Bourgue: Avignon Musician.
- Michael Schwerner: American civil rights activist (Born 1939).
- Leonardo Quisumbing: Filipino Supreme Court jurist.
- Adolphe Max: Belgian liberal MP, dies at 69.
- WRGB TV channel 6 in Schenectady-Alby-Troy, New York (CBS) 1st broadcast
- WGY-TV (Schenectady, New York), first commercial TV station, begins service.
- World War II: Sonderaktion Krakau takes place.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 November 1939
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?