Friday 6 November 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Road to Morocco, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 6 November 1942 ?
- Jean Shrimpton: British model made famous by Vogue magazine, an icon of the '60s when models began to be known with the same level of fame as actresses.
- Maha Metta: Indonesian spiritual teacher of Sufi, born in Java, a guru on the path of Bahai.
- Jean-Claude Biette: French film director.
- Rene Richard: .
- Nazis execute 12,000 Minsk ghetto Jews
- Sukarno and Mohammed Hatta finds Ampat Serangkai
- World War II: Carlson's patrol during the Guadalcanal Campaign begins.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1942 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dearly Beloved - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
- When The Lights Go On Again (All Over The World) - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 November 1942 and get them!