Friday 6 November 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Claude Biette and Maha Metta.
Road to Morocco, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 6 November 1942 ?
- Jean-Claude Biette: French film director.
- Maha Metta: Indonesian spiritual teacher of Sufi, born in Java, a guru on the path of Bahai.
- Jean Shrimpton: British model made famous by Vogue magazine, an icon of the '60s when models began to be known with the same level of fame as actresses.
- Rene Richard: .
- Nazis execute 12,000 Minsk ghetto Jews
- Sukarno and Mohammed Hatta finds Ampat Serangkai
- World War II: Carlson's patrol during the Guadalcanal Campaign begins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1942 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dearly Beloved - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
- When The Lights Go On Again (All Over The World) - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?