Thursday 6 November 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Out of the Past, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 6 November 1947 ?
- Doug Young: Rocker (Flash In The Pan).
- George Lawrence James: New Jersey, United States -- 4X400m relayer (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jack Arnold: Character on Wonder Years.
- John Wilson: Rock drummer (Them).
- George Young: Australian musician (Easybeats).
- Bobby Beausoleil: American musician, artist and convicted murderer. A member of the Charles Manson family, he was found guilty of killing Gary Hinman on July 27,1969.
- Jim Rosenthal: English sportscaster and actor
- Carolyn Seymour: English actress
- Edward Yang: Taiwanese-American director and screenwriter (d. 2007)
- Mesut Yılmaz: Turkish politician 21st Prime Minister of Turkey
- Kristian Elster: Norwegian Author (Paradisets Have), dies at 66.
- Meet the Press makes its television debut (the show went to a weekly schedule on September 12, 1948).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1947 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?