Monday 6 November 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
King Solomon's Mines, directed by Compton Bennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 1950!
Which were the important events of 6 November 1950 ?
- Ernest Thompson in Bellows Fall: Vermont, USA; actor (Sierra, Westside Medical).
- Amir Aczel: Israeli-American mathematician historian and academic (d. 2015).
- Chris Glen: Scottish bass player (Café Jacques The Sensational Alex Harvey Band and Michael Schenker Group).
- Nimalan Soundaranayagam: Sri Lankan educator and politician (d. 2000).
- Branch Rickey signs 5-yr contract as VP / GM of Pittsburgh Pirates
- Chinese offensive halts at Chongchon River, North Korea
- King Tribhuvana of Nepal flees to India
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- To Think You've Chosen Me - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- One Finger Melody - Frank Sinatra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?