Saturday 6 November 1976
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Rock'n Me by Steve Miller Band.
In UK Mississippi by Pussycat was in the top 5 hits.
Carrie, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 1976!
Which were the important events of 6 November 1976 ?
- Pat Tillman: American athlete, a pro football player who gave up a lucrative pro football contract to join the military.
- Catherine Clark: Canadian journalist.
- Mike Herrera: American singer-songwriter and bass player (MxPx and Mike Herrera's Tumbledown).
- Jodi Martin: Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Laurie Baker: Ice hockey forward (USA, Olympics - Gold - 1998).
- Former Twins relief ace Bill Campbell is 1st free-agent to sign with a new team, joining the Red Sox for $1 million over 4 years
- Benjamin Hooks succeeds Roy Wilkins as executive director of NAACP.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Captain and Tennille - Muskrat Love
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - She's Gone
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Heart - Magic Man
- Commodores - Just To Be Close To You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?