Monday 6 November 1989
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shaina Magdayao and Jozy Altidore.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to When I See You Smile by Bad English.
In UK All Around The World by Lisa Stansfield was in the top 5 hits.
Henry V, directed by Kenneth Branagh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Dark Half by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bonne espérance.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Fantasy World Dizzy or Fire Hawk: Thexder - The Second Contact.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 1989!
Which were the important events of 6 November 1989 ?
- Shaina Magdayao: Filipina actress.
- Jozy Altidore: American soccer player.
- Aaron Hernandez: Football Player.
- US marshals and FCC sieze pirate radio station WJPL in Brooklyn
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) founded.
- Douglas Wilder wins the Virginia governor's race, becoming the first elected African American governor in the United States.
- David Dinkins becomes the first African American mayor of New York City.
- Cold War: The Communist government of East Germany resigns, although SED leader Egon Krenz remains head of state.
- Yıldırım Akbulut, of ANAP forms the new government of Turkey (47th government).
- After 45 years of Communist rule in Bulgaria, Bulgarian Communist Party leader Todor Zhivkov is replaced by Foreign Minister Petar Mladenov, who changes the party's name to the Bulgarian Socialist Party.
- Gaby Kennard becomes the first Australian woman to fly non-stop around the world.
- CKO (a Canadian national all-news radio network) suddenly terminates all broadcasting during the newscast at noon (Eastern time), due to financial losses (the station began broadcasting on July 1, 1977).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bad English - When I See You Smile
- Roxette - Listen To Your Heart
- New Kids On The Block - Cover Girl
- Milli Vanilli - Blame It On The Rain
- Paula Abdul - (It's Just) The Way That You Love Me
- The B-52's - Love Shack
- Janet Jackson - Miss You Much
- Tears For Fears - Sowing The Seeds Of Love
- New Kids On The Block - Didn't I (Blow Your Mind)
- Bobby Brown - Rock Wit'cha
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?