Saturday 6 November 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
The Next Three Days, directed by Paul Haggis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Lost Hero: The Heroes of Olympus, Book One by Rick Riordan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 6 November 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 November
- The United Nations says that more than 650 women and children have been detained, tortured and sexually abused during mass evictions from Angola to the Democratic Republic of the Congo. (Al Jazeera)
- 27 people are killed in various arson incidents in Karachi, capital of Pakistan's Sindh province. (''Dawn'')
- In response to militants firing rockets into southern Israel, the Israel Air Force launches two raids on the southern Gaza Strip one Palestinian is wounded. (Ynet)
- Car bombs injure at least 37 people in the Iraqi cities of Baghdad and Kirkuk. (CNN)
- Somali pirates receive a record £7.6m in ransoms for seized South Korean and Singaporean ships. (Al Jazeera)
- Armenia and Azerbaijan exchange the bodies of deceased soldiers and a civilian under the auspices of the International Committee of the Red Cross. (Xinhua)
- The House of the Gladiators in the ancient Roman city of Pompeii collapses, prompting criticism of the Italian government's ampquotneglectampquot of the site. (AP via Washington Post)
- Chinese artist Ai Weiwei claims that he has been placed under house arrest to stop him organising a demolition party to observe the destruction of his studio. (CNN)
- Christ the King, the world's biggest statue of Jesus, is completed in Świebodzin, Poland (AP)
- The death toll from the Haiti cholera outbreak rises to 500. (AFP)
- At least 19 people are killed in a fire at a shopping mall in northeast China's Jilin City. (BBC)
- 2010 eruption of Mount Merapi
- Lava and ash spew from Mount Merapi in Central Java province in Indonesia before dawn as the death toll rises to 120. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
- Tropical Storm Tomas heads for the Turks and Caicos Islands after killing seven people in Haiti. (''The Telegraph'')
- US President Barack Obama arrives in India on the first leg of an Asian tour aimed at boosting United States exports. (''Times of India'')
- Finance Ministers from the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation meet in Tokyo, Japan. (Reuters)
- Pope Benedict XVI begins a visit to Spain at Santiago de Compostela. (BBC)
- The jury in the Petit family home invasion murder trial continues to deliberate whether murderer Steven Hayes should receive the death penalty or life imprisonment. (Fox News)
- Prominent Russian journalist Oleg Kashin for the ''Kommersant'' newspaper is attacked outside his home in Moscow. (RIA Novosti)
- Three Northern Ireland police officers are injured after a bomb is thrown at them while investigating a robbery in West Belfast. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?