Tuesday 6 October 1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
A Mala Sinistra, directed by Antnio Leal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1908!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1908 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Carole Lombard: American actress.
- Sergei Lvovich Sobolev: Russian mathematician (d. 1989).
- Sergei Sobolev: Russian mathematician and academic (d. 1989).
- Tigers beat White Sox, 7-0 to win AL pennant
- Yanks lose 100th game of year go 51-103 for season
- Austria annexes Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Right Church, but the Wrong Pew - Eddie Morton
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?