Tuesday 6 October 1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sergei Lvovich Sobolev and Carole Lombard.
A Mala Sinistra, directed by Antnio Leal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1908!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1908 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Sergei Lvovich Sobolev: Russian mathematician (d. 1989).
- Carole Lombard: American actress.
- Sergei Sobolev: Russian mathematician and academic (d. 1989).
- Tigers beat White Sox, 7-0 to win AL pennant
- Yanks lose 100th game of year go 51-103 for season
- Austria annexes Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Right Church, but the Wrong Pew - Eddie Morton
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?