Wednesday 6 October 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carol Lombard .
L'innominato, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1909!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1909 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Carol Lombard: Fort Wayne, Indiana -- Actress (My Man Godfrey, In Name Only).
- Dudley Buck: American organist and composer (d. 1909).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 October 1909
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I'm Awfully Glad I Met You - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?