Sunday 6 October 1912
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
As You Like It, directed by J. Stuart Blackton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1912!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1912 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Anthony Cuthbert Baines: Writer / curator.
- Perkins Bass: American politician and former Member of the United States House of Representatives from New Hampshire.
- Pirates Owen Chief Wilson hits record 36th triple of season
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Oh! You Circus Day - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- When You're Away - American Quartet
- Sweetheart Sue - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?