Tuesday 6 October 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Anna Karenina, directed by Vladimir Gardin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1914!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1914 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Louis Lamy: Voiteur physician.
- Joan Littlewood: English director and playwright (d. 2002).
- Albert Rieux: France Actor.
- Thor Heyerdahl: Norwegian adventurer, a sailor and descendent of the Vikings who sailed a balsa raft, the "Kon Tiki," across the Pacific in 1947 with a crew of five.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- California and You - Irving Kaufman
- That's a-Plenty - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 October 1914 and get them!