Friday 6 October 1916
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Mutiny of the Bounty, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1916!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1916 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Tales of Hoffman: Barcolle (Belle Nuit - Oh Night of Love - John McCormack
- Have a Heart - Ziegfeld Follies of 1915 Medley - Conway's Band
- Welcome, Honey, to Your Old Plantation Home - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?