Wednesday 6 October 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Copeland in Los Angeles and Cyril Reuben.
The Sorrows of Satan, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1926!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1926 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Alan Copeland in Los Angeles: California, USA; orchestra leader/singer (Your Hit Parade).
- Cyril Reuben: Violinist.
- Robert Malott: American executive and CEO of FMC, a diversified company in gold mining, chemicals and military equipment.
- Howard Stein: American mutual-fund executive and CEO of Dreyfus, one of the nations largest mutual-fund investment firms in strong competition with Fidelity.
- Charles Van de Banks: Flemish writer / Poet (Red Horse).
- Babe Ruth hits three home runs in a world series game, New York Yankees beat Saint Louis Cardinals 10-5 (World Series #23).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cross Your Heart - Roger Wolfe Kahn & His Orchestra
- When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along - Whispering Jack Smith
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?