Tuesday 6 October 1931
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nikolai Stepanovich Chernykh and David Connell.
Susan Lenox <Her Fall and Rise>, directed by Greta Garbo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Ruth Kerner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1931!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1931 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Nikolai Stepanovich Chernykh: Russian astronomer (d. 2004).
- David Connell: American TV executive with the Children's Television Workshop and CBS-TV.
- Riccardo Giacconi: Italian physicist, the leader of a team that developed a telescope to produce x-ray images.
- Richard Orlans: Belgium sport Champion.
- Nikolai Chernykh: Russian astronomer (d. 2004).
- Js Van Severen forms Verdinaso (Union of Flemish National Solidarists)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 October 1931
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?