Friday 6 October 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Bombshell, directed by Jean Harlow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1933!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1933 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Michel Roudevitch: French cinema critic, cartoonist, screenwriter, animator and director who has worked in the animated cinema industry since the 1960s.
- William Bowen: American university president, economist.
- Horst Bingle: Writer.
- Geoff Writer: New Zealand writer and editor of a newspaper.
- Zakhary Petrovich Paliashvili: Composer, dies at 62.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 October 1933 and get them!