Wednesday 6 October 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Stage Door, directed by Gregory LaCava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1937!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1937 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Emilio Isgrò: Italian artist, painter, poet, playwright and writer.
- Mario Capecchi: Italian-born Nobel Prize winner, distinguished American professor, researcher and recipient of many international awards for his work on gene targeting.
- Robert Johnston: Scottish-American military Major General, a two-star U.S.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?