Friday 6 October 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Douglas K Bereuter and John J LaFalce.
Jamaica Inn, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1939 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Douglas K Bereuter: (Rep-R-Nebraska, 1979- ).
- John J LaFalce: (Rep-D-New York, 1975- ).
- Melvyn Bragg: British writer, editor and presenter of the prestigious arts program, "The South Bank Show," which was the winner of 87 major awards.
- Jack Cullen: American baseball player.
- Richard Delgado: American lawyer and academic.
- Sheila Greibach: American computer scientist and academic
- John LaFalce: American politician, and former Member of the United States House of Representatives from New York
- Adolf Hitler denies he intends to go to war against France and Britain
- Hitler announces plans to regulate Jewish problem
- World War II: The last Polish army is defeated.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 October 1939
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?