Sunday 6 October 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Boris Dmitriyevich Andreyev and Wyche Fowler Jr.
The Long Voyage Home, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1940 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Boris Dmitriyevich Andreyev: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- Wyche Fowler Jr: (Rep-D-Georgia, 1977-87).
- Ellen Travolta in Englewood: New Jersey, USA; actress (Louise - Joanie Loves Chachi).
- John Warnock: American electrical engineer and CEO of Adobe Systems, a computer softwares manufacturer setting the standards in laser-printer software and launching desktop publishing.
- Philippe Baillet: France sport Champion.
- Ferdinando Liuzzi: Composer, dies at 55.
- Zoological Gardens opens on Sloat and Skyline in San Francisco
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 October 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?