Sunday 6 October 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Long Voyage Home, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1940 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- John Warnock: American electrical engineer and CEO of Adobe Systems, a computer softwares manufacturer setting the standards in laser-printer software and launching desktop publishing.
- Ellen Travolta in Englewood: New Jersey, USA; actress (Louise - Joanie Loves Chachi).
- Philippe Baillet: France sport Champion.
- Boris Dmitriyevich Andreyev: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- Wyche Fowler Jr: (Rep-D-Georgia, 1977-87).
- Ferdinando Liuzzi: Composer, dies at 55.
- Zoological Gardens opens on Sloat and Skyline in San Francisco
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?