Sunday 6 October 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Jolson Story, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1946 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Millie Small: World Music Singer.
- Stephen Arroyo: American astrologer and noted author, winner of the 1992 Regulus Award for the Human Experience, and he has as well been awarded the British Astrological Association's Astrology Prize.
- Tony Greig South African: born English cricketer.
- Lloyd Doggett: American politician and Member of the United States House of Representatives from Texas.
- Gary Gentry: baseball player (New York Mets).
- Tony Greig: South African English cricketer and sportscaster (d. 2012)
- Vinod Khanna: Indian actor and producer
- John Monie: Australian rugby player and coach
- Eddie Villanueva: Filipino evangelist and politician founded the ZOE Broadcasting Network
- President Truman questions Great Britain Jews about Palestine
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?