Monday 6 October 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Aleksandr Stepanovich Andryushkov and Klaus Dibiasi.
Nightmare Alley, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Kukla, Fran and Ollie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1947 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Aleksandr Stepanovich Andryushkov: Russian Colonel / Cosmonaut.
- Klaus Dibiasi: Italy -- Platform diver (1968, 72, 76 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Patxi Andion: Spanish singer-songwriter.
- William Bratton: American high-ranking police officer, tapped on 10/02/02 to the Chief of Police for Los Angeles, a police force riddled with problems.
- Klaus Di Biasi: Austrian high diver; won a Gold Medal at the Mexico Olympics in 1968 and at Montreal in 1976.
- Gail Farrell: American singer, she is most noted as a singer on the popular Lawrence Welk Show. She joined Welk's orchestra in 1969. In 1979 she married Ron Anderson and they have twin daughters.
- Patxi Andión: Spanish singer-songwriter and actor
- New York Yankees beat Brooklyn Dodgers 4 games to 3, in 44th World Series.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Near You - Elliot Lawrence & His Orchestra
- An Apple Blossom Wedding - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?