Thursday 6 October 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bobby Farrell and Jim Gilmore.
Love Happy, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Plainclothesman.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1949!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1949 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Bobby Farrell: Jamaica -- Rock vocalist.
- Jim Gilmore: American politician, governor of Virginia and US presidential hopeful early in the 2008 race who ended his bid on July 14, 2007.
- Nicolas Peyrac: French singer, writer, and photographer, born to jewish physicians.
- Penny Junor: English journalist and author.
- Leslie Moonves: American businessman.
- Robert Lynd [YY]: Irish writer / critic (News Chronicle), dies at 70.
- President Truman signs Mutual Defense Assistance Act (for NATO)
- Iva Toguri D'Aquino (Tokyo Rose) sentenced to ten years and $10,000 fine.
- US President Harry Truman signs Mutual Defense Assistance Act (for NATO).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?