Friday 6 October 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Harvey, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1950 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Harbor Lights - Ray Anthony
- Orange Colored Sky - King Cole Trio (Stan Kenton & His Orchestra)
- Perry Como - Patricia
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?