Saturday 6 October 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Love Nest, directed by Joseph Newman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1951!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1951 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Kevin Cronin: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (REO Speedwagon).
- Clive Rees: Singaporean-Welsh rugby player and educator.
- Manfred Winkelhock: German race car driver (d. 1985).
- Stalin proclaims Russia has atom bomb
- Malayan Emergency: Communist insurgents kill British commander Sir Henry Gurney.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?