Tuesday 6 October 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom LaBonge and Klaas Bruinsma.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Mogambo, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Man Behind the Badge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1953 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Tom LaBonge: American politician, a city councilor for Los Angeles first elected in October 2001.
- Klaas Bruinsma: Dutch drug lord (d. 1991).
- Rein Rannap: Estonian pianist and composer.
- Raul Rebane: Estonian journalist and author.
- Porter Hall: Actor (Half-Breed, Double Indenity), dies at 64.
- WTVM TV channel 9 in Columbus, Georgia (ABC) begins broadcasting
- United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) made a permanent specialized agency of the United Nations.
- Konrad Adenauer is re-elected as German chancellor.
- The Guyanese constitution is suspended.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Velvet Glove - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra (Henri Rene - accordion)
- Stan Freberg - St. George and the Dragonet
- Ricochet (Rick-O-Shay) - Teresa Brewer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?