Sunday 6 October 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dom Galluscio and Bruce Grobbelaar.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Raintree County, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zorro.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1957 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
Famous Birthdays:06 October
- Wiffi Smith wins LPGA United Voluntary Services Golf Open
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Tony Bennett - In The Middle Of An Island
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?