Monday 6 October 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK When by The Kalin Twins was in the top 5 hits.
The Seventh Seal, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1958!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1958 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Joseph Finder: American thriller writer.
- US nuclear sub USS Seawolfe remains record 60 days under pole
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues
- Roger Williams - Near You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?