Tuesday 6 October 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Only Sixteen by Craig Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
Pillow Talk, directed by Michael Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1959!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1959 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Dennis Ray Boyd: American baseball player.
- Turki bin Sultan: Saudi Arabian politician (d. 2012).
- Oil Boyd: American baseball player.
- Brian Higgins: American politician, and Member of the United States House of Representatives from New York.
- Walter Williams: Jr.
- [Dennis Ray] "Oil Can" Boyd: Baseball pitcher (Boston Red Sox)
- John Mackin: Programmer
- Robyn Maher: Australian basketball guard (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist)
- Walter Ray Williams Jr: American bowler and horseshoes champion
- Bernard Berenson: Lithuanian-American historian and author (d. 1959).
- Soviet Luna 3, 1st successful photographic spacecraft, impacts Moon
- Single game World Series (World Series #56) attendance record set (92,706 in Los Angeles).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Johnny and the Hurricanes - Red River Rock
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?