Wednesday 6 October 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Yesterday by The Beatles.
In UK Tears by Ken Dodd was in the top 5 hits.
The Bedford Incident, directed by James B. Harris, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1965!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1965 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Peg O'Connor: American philosopher and academic.
- Steve Scalise: American lawyer and politician.
- Rubén Sierra: Puerto Rican baseball player.
- Cynthia Meyer: New York, United States -- Canadian trap shooter (1996 Olympics).
- David Spaulding: Newport Beach, California -- Canoeist (1996 Olympics).
- Jim Sharp: US rodeo rider (Las Vegas 1988)
- Ruben Sierra: Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico -- Outfielder (New York Yankees)
- Georges Vandertongerloo: Flemish Sculptor / painter, dies at 78.
- Supremes release I Hear a Symphony
- Ian Brady, a 27-year-old stock clerk from Hyde in Cheshire, is arrested for allegedly hacking to death (with a hatchet) 17-year-old apprentice electrician Edward Evans at a house on the Hattersley housing estate.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- Roy Head - Treat Her Right
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- Dave Clark Five - Catch Us If You Can
- Fortunes - You've Got Your Troubles
- Sonny And Cher - Baby Don't Go
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Do You Believe In Magic
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?