Friday 6 October 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cynthia Smith and Kennet Andersson.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to The Letter by The Box Tops.
In UK Massachusetts by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Reflections in a Golden Eye, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while Night Falls On The City by Sarah Gainham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Urutora sebun.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1967!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1967 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Cynthia Smith: American aircraft fatality, a passenger on Pan Am flight #103 which exploded on 12/21/1988 over Scotland.
- Kennet Andersson: former Swedish footballer.
- Svend Karlsen: Norwegian strongman and bodybuilder.
- Haight-Ashbury hippies throw a funeral to mark the end of hippies.
- Southern California's Pacific Ocean Park closes down, known as the Disneyland by the sea.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 October 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Association - Never My Love
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- Bill Cosby - Little Ole Man (Uptight-Everything's Alright)
- Jackie Wilson - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- The Young Rascals - How Can I Be Sure
- Brenton Wood - Gimme Little Sign
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?