Monday 6 October 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Byron Black and Jeff Lay.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sugar, Sugar by The Archies.
In UK Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival was in the top 5 hits.
The Madwoman of Chaillot, directed by Bryan Forbes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mary Mungo & Midge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1969!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1969 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Byron Black: Zimbabwe -- Tennis star.
- Jeff Lay: Ottawa, Ontario -- Rower (1996 Olympics).
- Martha Richards: Hudson, Wisconsin -- LPGA golfer (1995 Safeco Classic-21st).
- Robert Person: St. Louis, Missouri -- Pitcher (NY Mets).
- Jennifer Chute: American homicide victim, shot to death by her lover John Masello early morning 6/26/1994.
- WMPB TV channel 67 in Baltimore, Maryland (PBS) begins broadcasting
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 October 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Oliver - Jean
- Bobby Sherman - Little Woman
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
- Sly & the Family Stone - Hot Fun In The Summertime
- Nilsson - Everybody's Talkin'
- Three Dog Night - Easy To Be Hard
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Gary Puckett - This Girl Is A Woman Now
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?