Friday 6 October 1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me by Mac Davis.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie, directed by Luis Bunuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1972!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1972 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- J J Stokes: NFL wide receiver (SF 49ers).
- Ryu Shi-won: South Korean actor and singer.
- JJ Stokes: American football player, a wide receiver who played with the San Francisco 49ers (1995–2002), Jacksonville Jaguars (2003), and New England Patriots (2003).
- Tom Carradine: American special effects artist and noted family, the son of David Carradine and Barbara Hershey.
- Daniel Cavanagh: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Anathema).
- Anders Iwers: Swedish bass player (Tiamat Cemetary and Ceremonial Oath)
- Mark Schwarzer: Australian footballer
- Ryu Si-won: South Korean actor and singer
- Ko So-young: South Korean model and actress
- 22-car train carrying 2,000 pilgrims derails, kills 208 in Mexico.
- A train crash in Saltillo, Mexico kills 208 people.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?