Monday 6 October 1975
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Bad Blood by Neil Sedaka.
In UK Sailing by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Lisztomania, directed by Ken Russell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1975!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1975 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Ines Sainz: Miss Spain Universe (1997).
- Jan Harm Schippers: Dutch soccer player: SC Heerenveen, Veendam.
- John Harm Skippers: Soccer player (SC Heerenveen).
- Aurore Drossart: French noted family, the illegitimate child of actor Yves Montand and Anne Fleurange.
- Reon King: West Indian cricketer from Guyana.
- Henry Calvin: American actor known for his role as the Spanish soldier, Sergeant Garcia on Walt Disney's live-action television series "Zorro" (1957–1959).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?