Thursday 6 October 1983
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler.
In UK Karma Chameleon by Culture Club was in the top 5 hits.
Never Cry Wolf, directed by Carroll Ballard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Poland by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1983!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1983 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Terence Cooke: American cardinal archbishop (Born 1921).
- New York Jets announce they are leaving Shea Stadium for the Meadowlands Coliseum.
- Buffalo Bills' quarterback Joe Ferguson passes 419 yards with five touchdowns.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- The Police - King Of Pain
- Spandau Ballet - True
- Stray Cats - (She's) Sexy + 17
- Kenny Rogers - Islands In The Stream
- Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
- Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
- The Fixx - One Thing Leads To Another
- Frank Stallone - Far From Over
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?