Sunday 6 October 1985
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Money For Nothing by Dire Straits.
In UK Dancing In The Street by David Bowie & Mick Jagger was in the top 5 hits.
Silver Bullet, directed by Daniel Attias, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Lake Wobegon Days by Garrison Keillor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1985.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1985!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1985 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Mitchell Cole: English footballer (d. 2012).
- Sylvia Fowles: American basketball player.
- Tarmo Kink: Estonian footballer.
- Yankee Phil Niekro becomes 18th pitcher to win 300 games and also at 46 becomes oldest to pitch a shut-out beating Toronto 8-0
- PC Keith Blakelock is murdered as riots erupt in the Broadwater Farm suburb of London.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- Ready For The World - Oh Sheila
- A-Ha - Take On Me
- Madonna - Dress You Up
- Whitney Houston - Saving All My Love For You
- Wham! - Freedom
- John Cougar Mellencamp - Lonely Ol' Night
- Mick Jagger & David Bowie - Dancing In The Street
- Stevie Wonder - Part-Time Lover
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?