Friday 6 October 1989
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Miss You Much by Janet Jackson.
In UK That's What I Like by Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers was in the top 5 hits.
Look Who's Talking, directed by Amy Heckerling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Clear And Present Danger by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1989!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1989 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Pizzi : Portuguese footballer.
- Tyler Ennis: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Albert Bodjongo: Cameroonian footballer (d. 2014).
- Ena Kadić: Bosnian-Austrian model (d. 2015).
- Sophia Thomalla: German television actress.
- Bette [Ruth E] Davis: Actress (All About Eve, White Mama), dies at 81.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?