It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Dreamlover by Mariah Carey.
In UK Boom! Shake The Room by Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince was in the top 5 hits.
Cool Runnings, directed by Jon Turteltaub, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
- Cool Runnings
directed by Jon Turteltaub
starring: John Candy, Leon, Doug E. Doug
- A Bronx Tale
directed by Robert De Niro
starring: Robert De Niro, Chazz Palminteri, Lillo Brancato
directed by David Anspaugh
starring: Sean Astin, Jon Favreau, Ned Beatty
- The Piano
directed by Jane Campion
starring: Holly Hunter, Harvey Keitel, Sam Neill
directed by Mike Leigh
starring: David Thewlis, Lesley Sharp, Katrin Cartlidge
Which were the important events of Wednesday, 06 October 1993 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
Famous People died
Agnes de Mille
- Sydney Australia Stock Market index above 2000, for 1st time
: US dancer / choreographer (Oklahoma!), dies at 88
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1993 ?
Entertainment Weekly: no.190
Sports Illustrated: no.9401
Mahmud Abouhalima. No photo credit given
Esquire Magazine cover
The Bridges of Madison County - Robert James Waller
The Client - John Grisham
Slow Waltz in Cedar Bend - Robert James Waller
Without Remorse - Tom Clanc
Ford Crown Victoria Car Silence is Golden (1993)
Tell the world why Wednesday, 6 October 1993 is such a special date for you!