Friday 6 October 2000
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Music by Madonna.
In UK Beautiful Day by U2 was in the top 5 hits.
Billy Elliot, directed by Stephen Daldry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2000
while Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2000.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 2000!
Which were the important events of 6 October 2000 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
Famous Birthdays:06 October
- Richard Farnsworth: Los Angeles, California -- Actor (Misery, Havana, Sylvester).
- Yugoslav president Slobodan Milosevic resigns.
- Argentine vice president Carlos Alvarez resigns.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2000 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?