Saturday 6 October 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
Gone Baby Gone, directed by Ben Affleck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Age of Turbulence by Alan Greenspan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shimmy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AFL Premiership 2007 or CellFactor: Revolution.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 6 October 2007 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 October
- Jason Lewis completes the first human-powered circumnavigation of the globe.
- A collision between a train and a bus kills at least 28 people and injures over 70 in Cuba's eastern Granma province. (CNN via AP)
- Danish police arrest more than 400 people in protests in Copenhagen over the closure of the Ungdomshuset youth centre earlier in the year. (BBC)
- 2007 Pacific typhoon season:
- Typhoon Krosa hits Taiwan, killing at least four people and injuring 40 more. (Bangkok Post)
- Typhoon Krosa later heads for the People's Republic of China, where 730,000 people are evacuated from Zhejiang and Fujian provinces. (VOA)
- War in Afghanistan: A suicide bomb attack on a United States convoy in Kabul kills a U.S. soldier and five civilians. (BBC)
- Pervez Musharraf wins the Pakistani Presidential Election in unofficial results. The announcement of the official result will be withheld until a Supreme Court verdict is made on the legality of his candidacy. (BBC)
- Adventurer Jason Lewis of Expedition 360 completes the first human-powered circumnavigation of the globe. (BBC)
- Quentin L. Cook is called as an apostle of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the 177th Semi-Annual General Conference. (Deseret News)
- Christopher John Worden, a Royal Canadian Mounted Police constable from Hay River, Northwest Territories, is shot and killed by an unknown assailant. (CTV News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?