Wednesday 6 September 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Romeo and Juliet, directed by Barry O'Neil, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1911!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1911 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bentley Bridgewater: British Museum Secretary.
- Harry Danning: American baseball player, a star New York Giants catcher, who lived to be the last surviving member of the 1937 pennant-winning Giants and the oldest Jewish major leaguer.
- Pietro Salmoiraghi: Italy Writer.
- Charles Deutsch: "French aerodynamics engineer and automobile maker co-founder of the brand ""DB (d. 1980)".
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Kathleen Mavourneen - John McCormack
- Believe Me if All Those Endearing Young Charms - John McCormack
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?