Saturday 6 September 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Red Lily, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1924 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- George Schmees: American baseball player, a left-handed pitcher who played for the St. Louis Browns and Boston Red Sox in 1952.
- Henri Charleux: Lizy sur Ourcq physician.
- Leatrice Fountain: American actress, opera singer, novelist and biographer.
- John Melcher: American veterinarian and politician.
- Assassination attempt on Mussolini fails
- Charles Paddock captures 100- and 200-yard Amateur Athletic Union national senior outdoor track and field championships.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Jealous - Marion Harris
- It Had to Be You - Sam Lanin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?