Sunday 6 September 1931
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Waterloo Bridge, directed by James Whale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 6 September 1931 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 6 September 1931 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
See other famous people born on 06 September
Sander M Levin: (Rep-D-Michigan, 1983- ).
Bud Shrake: American journalist, sportswriter, novelist, biographer and screenwriter.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1931?
- Science: Science vol. 74 issue 1914
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Winthrop W. Aldrich -- Aug. 31, 1931
- Science: Science vol. 74 issue 1913
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Nobel Laureate Pearl S. Buck’s epic Pulitzer Prize-winning novel and Oprah Book Club selection about a vanished China and one family’s shifting fortunes.Though more than seventy years have passed since this remarkable novel won the Pulitzer Prize, it has retained ...
Willa Cather's novel of seventeenth-century Quebec is a luminous evocation of North American origins, and of the men and women who struggled to adapt to a new world even as they clung to the artifacts and manners of one they ...
Abbie Deal, the matriarch of a pioneer Nebraska family, has died at the beginning of A White Bird Flying, leaving her china and heavy furniture to others and to her granddaughter Laura the secret of her dream of finer things.
A grand hotel in the center of 1920s Berlin serves as a microcosm of the modern world in Vicki Baum’s celebrated novel, a Weimar-era best seller that retains all its verve and luster today.
Tell the world why 6 September 1931 is such a special date for you!