Thursday 6 September 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Maniac, directed by Dwain Esper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1934!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1934 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Michel Vermeulin: French road and track cyclist, who won the gold medal in the men's team road race at the 1956 Summer Olympics in Melbourne, Australia, alongside Arnaud Geyre and Maurice Moucheraud.
- Jody McCrea in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Ben Matheson - Wichita Town).
- Paul Naschy: Spanish movie actor, screenwriter, and director working primarily in horror films.
- Tom Flanigan: American baseball player, a left-throwing/right-hitting pitcher with the Chicago White Sox and St. Louis Cardinals between 1954 and 1958.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 September 1934 and get them!