Monday 6 September 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Lower Depths, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1937!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1937 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Irina Bayanovna Solovyova: Russian Cosmonaut.
- John Bernard: Dutch TV weatherman.
- Jo Anne Worley in Lowell: Indiana, USA; comedienne (Laugh-in).
- Sergio Aragones: Spanish-born illustrator.
- Claude Bardon: French Superintendent of police, 1962, Bordeaux and Versailles.
- Swami Bhaktipada: American member of the Hare Krishna religious cult who took the name "Kirtananda Swami Bhaktipada." The 4,000 acre commune was founded over 25 years ago by Bhaktipada, a Baptist minister's son from Peekskill, NY. The commune houses over 300 faithful followers. Ham was implicated in the murder of Steven Bryant (a.k.a. "Sulocana Das") on 5/22/1986, Los Angeles. He was suspected of having ordered the murder.
- Sergio Aragonés: Spanish-Mexican author and illustrator
- Janusz Kurczab: Polish fencer and mountaineer (d. 2015)
- Jo Worley: American actress comedian and singer
- Henry Kimball Hadley: Composer, dies at 65.
- Spanish Civil War: The start of the Battle of El Mazuco.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?